CTUIR Adopted Building Codes
The Tribal Planning Office reviews and inspects all proposed projects for adherence to the following codes:
- 2018 International Building Code
- 2018 International Fire Code
- 2018 International Plumbing Code
- 2018 International Mechanical Code
- 2018 National Electric Code
- 2018 International Residential Code
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2010 Oregon Manufactured Dwelling Installation Specialty Code
- Oregon Energy Efficiency Specialty Code
- NFPA 13: Standard for the Installation of Fire Sprinkler Systems
- NFPA 101: Life Safety Code
CTUIR supplements to the International Building Code include:
- Wind standard:
- Prescriptive Residential: 105 mph 3 second gust, wind speed 90mph; exposure B or C
- Engineered Designs/Commercial Wind Standard: Wind Speed based on attached Map & Building Risk Category, designed in accordance with ASCE 7 (2010)*
- Snow load standard: 25 pounds per square foot for roof
- Frost depth standard: 24 inches
- Earthquake design data shall be shown as indicated in Sec. 1603.1.5 IBC.
- Building envelopes, heating and cooling ducts shall meet the requirements of the Oregon Department of Energy Conservation Code. The reservation land is in Climate Zone 2.
- Parking spaces shall be constructed to the Oregon Department of Transportation Disabled Parking Standards.
- Mobile homes shall be set up and installed to the requirements of the current Oregon Manufactured Dwelling and Parks Specialty Code.
- In residential dwellings constructed under the International Residential Code, Automatic Fire Sprinkler Systems (IRC Section R313) shall not be required.
- For residential dwellings, the 2008 IRC braced wall method may be used as an alternate to the new braced wall method.*