Proposed Changes -
Pursuant to authorities CTUIR FWC outlined in Fish and Wildlife code, Sections 2.06 & 2.07:
2.06.A. The Commission may establish open seasons for the taking of wildlife under this Code.
2.07.BWhenever the Commission proposes to adopt, amend, suspend or repeal any rule or regulation pursuant to this Code, it shall give all Tribal members and other persons affected by the proposed action thirty (30) days to comment on the proposed action.
2.07.E. At the end of the time period allowed for comment, as its final action, the Commission may:
1. Adopt the proposed rule or regulation as posted and published;
2. Adopt the proposed rule or regulation after amending it based on comments received;
3. Suspend the effect of a rule or regulation for a designated time period,
4. Reject the adoption of the proposed rule or regulation, or
5. Take any other action it deems necessary.
Proposed changes are as follows:
- Bull elk rifle rut closure from (August 25th thru October 15th) amended to (September 1st thru September 30th).
- Montana Bison Hunt Season from (January 1st thru March 31st) amended to (December 1st thru February 28th)
- Upland gamebird season from (September 1st thru December 31st) amended to (Year round) for non-native species (California quail, Pheasant, partridge and chucker).
- Adopt a season and bag limit for the harvest of moose (Alces alces) as follows:
- Bag limit 1 bull moose per year
- Season: September 1st thru December 31st.
- Kill Report required within 72 hours.