We can help make sure your projects have the proper permits and meet the CTUIR Land Development Code. We will also steward your project through permits that may be required by other programs such as Water, Cultural Resources, Public Works, or Environmental Health & Safety. The CTUIR Land Protection Planning Commission (LPPC) is the regulatory body that makes decisions on land use actions such as Conditional Uses, Variances or Planned Unit Developments and Legislative Amendments. The LPPC is a commission of CTUIR enrolled tribal members appointed by the Board of Trustees and serve a role similar to a Planning Commission in other jurisdictions.
Here are some of the services and support that Permitting and Zoning provide
- Development permits
- Property divisions (lot line adjustments, partitions, subdivisions)
- Land Development Code Administration (land use regulations)
- Plans review
- Zoning information
- Coordination with CTUIR Realty for allotted trust land information
- Establishment of new access/road/utility easements (rights-of-way)
- Comprehensive planning
- Demolition permits
- Forest Practices permits
- Sanitation Development Permit (with or without IHS Funding)
Here are links to various documents administered by the Tribal Planning Office.